Magical Adventure On A Rainy Day

"Got you!" I said while playing tag with my friends at school. It was a cold and rainy day. I disliked cold, rainy and windy days, but on that day, I noticed something unusual near the playground. I said to my friends, "Can you all wait here for me? I'll be back in a minute." Everyone agreed. I ran to the unusual thing which was a flashing rock. When I picked it up, there was a button underneath it. It said, "Press Me"!
I pressed it, and a door appeared in front of me! I opened the door and stepped in. It was ice age! The wind was howling. I wanted to go back but it was too late. The door had closed and had disappeared. In its place there stood an ice wall. There was a message on it. It said, "When you get to the icy hill, you will find another flashing rock". I wondered if it was going to be a long trip ahead. So, I decided to get going. On the way, I stumbled on a mammoth grave. I went for a slide down its spine and landed on an icy hill. There was a flashing rock right under my feet. I found another button under it and pressed it. The door appeared again right in front of me!
I opened the door and saw a room filled with different things. There was a message which said, "Choose 3 gifts". I chose a hat, charm
bracelet and a pair of glowing shoes. When I wore the hat, I suddenly found myself in a jungle! There were so many vines hanging from the trees. I started swinging on them and felt like Tarzan! I had such an adventure in the jungle. It was time to try out the charm bracelet. There were a pair of eyes and a mouth charm on it. The mouth spoke "What do you see?" The eyes answered, "I see the high seas". Immediately I turned into a pirate with an eye patch and riding the waves on a surfboard. A dolphin, a jelly fish, an octopus, a sting ray and a smiling shark were all riding the wave with me! It was time for the glowing shoes.
As soon as I reached the shore, I put on the glowing shoes. Straight away, I found·myself at school, near the playground. My friends came running to me asking "where have you been?" As I got drenched at the high seas, they thought I got soaked in the rain. I had a magical adventure on that rainy day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!