Scared

Once in a place where you and I have never been was another world full of people you would never understand. Not people that were weird but mean, nasty people; people that would rob you everywhere you went.
Finally it was Sunday, the best day in the world according to Sarah, the 12 year old girl with the most wildest imagination any of you could think of.
“MUM!” shouted Sarah.
“Yes dear, you don’t need to shout. I am right here!” exclaimed Chrissy (Sarah’s Mum).
“Do you know where my story book I wrote and published is?” said a rather panicked Sarah. “I can’t find it, it was right where I left it.”
“Sorry but you have to look after your things dear,” said Chrissy. “But I will try to have a look for it.”
Sarah wasn’t going to fight with her Mum but she knew that she had left it where she had left it. The day went by and still no sign of the book until it grew dark and Sarah was going to go to bed when her eye spotted something peculiar. It was something shining under her bed, something big and bulky but Sarah couldn’t make out what it was. Sarah went to check under her bed when something grabbed her and took her into a book. The thing was very tall and had very sharp nails, long flowing hair and very rough skin. Sarah screamed a high pitched scream while the thing ran as fast as a cheetah carrying Sarah tightly in its arms while Sarah kicked and screamed! Sarah had never felt so scared before. Finally the running came to a stop and so did the screaming and kicking. Sarah felt her heart beating amongst her chest. The thing dropped Sarah to the ground. Sarah didn’t even know where she was until a flicker came from a small cottage up ahead. Sarah looked behind her, the thing had gone. Where was she? How would she find out how to get back home? Sarah started to sob forgetting all about the small cottage but then the flicker became bigger. Sarah stood up and brushed herself off and began walking over to the very small cottage. Sarah knocked on the door but no answer; she knocked again but still no answer. Sarah was about to leave when the door creaked open. A shudder went up Sarah’s spine. Sarah turned around to see a woman dressed in black. This particular woman wasn’t just wearing black clothes but also black hair and black nails. The only thing that wasn’t black was the woman’s small, pale face that shone out in the dark like a candle stick burning brightly. Sarah instantly knew where she was. She was in her book!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!