Boys At The Beach

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was a Monday in 1988 and in a faraway cottage, there were two boys named Peter and George. Peter and George wanted to go to the beach. So the boys rode their bikes down Grey Gum Lane to the beach. They bought a ball, a Frisbee, two drink bottles and their body boards. Then the boys started playing with their toys. They played with the spotted ball first. George threw the ball really high and Peter jumped up to catch the ball. Then Peter threw the ball over arm to George. George and Peter got very sweaty in their long sleeved shirts. The boys rolled up their sleeves and put the ball away. Then George asked Peter if he wanted a drink. Peter said yes and they walked to the bag to get their drink bottles. They also got the black frisbee out of the bag. George threw the black frisbee to Peter. Peter ran and caught the frisbee in mid-air. Peter chucked the frisbee back and George jumped up and caught it. George put the black frisbee back in the bag. When George put the frisbee away there was a hole in the bag. So George put the bag down with the hole on top so the frisbee would not fall out.
Then Peter and George get out their body boards and play in the waves. Peter catches the first wave and he fell off his board. Then another wave catches Peter and throws him onto the shore. George just caught his first wave, he almost fell off his body board, however managed to stay on long enough till the ride was over. Peter got up and caught a really big second wave with a drop off at the end. Then George spotted a huge shark looking for seagulls. Then the huge shark zoomed onto the shore and all the seagulls flew away. George and Peter ran scared to the right to get out of the sharks way. The shark flops back in the enormous waves and swims into the deep ocean.
The boys start to make a sandcastle and pat it down. Peter decided to collect seaweed from the shore line to put on top of the big sandcastle. George had made tunnels through the bottom of the sandcastle. Then the boys collected shells from the edge of the bush to decorate their sandcastle. And when they were finished, they destroyed the sandcastle by jumping on it. Peter looked at his waterproof watch and said, “George it is time to go home, mum will be worried” and they rode their bikes up the lane and home. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!