Jack The Frog

Far away from the chaos of the city, there was a lake. It was the biggest and most beautiful lake imaginable. It blossomed with flowers and there were many friendly creatures who lived there.
Here, lived a young frog named Jack. He lived in a small cosy log hidden amoungst the reeds.
Jack loved his home. Most evenings he would sit and listen to the peacfull sounds of the lake.
But the peace and beauty didn’t last long. Man had come by and destroyed the lake. Cans of coke floated in the reeds, plastic was thick on the once soft yellow sand and huge pipes spewed out black gooey chemicals into the lake. Such gross human habbits.
As the grim days went by, Jack had become terribly ill. He had no other choice but to leave and find a new home.
Jack packed his bags and walked through the cold city streets.
By late afternoon Jack was deep in the woods.
When the moon was high in the sky, Jack sheltered beneath an old oak tree. He shivered and desperately hoped to find a new home.
The next day, Jack awoke late and massaged the cramps out of his back. Tired and achy, he walked through the forest and came to a huge green meadow. It was completely untouched by humans. Jack sunned himself and walked through the tall green grass.
But the weather made a turn for the worst. Dark clouds filled the sky and the rain poured hard. Jack tried to take shelter but the storm was too fierce.
Suddenly, a bright flash of lightning struck a tree and exploded into a huge fire. The trees were torches and the grass burnt like paper.
Jack ran for his life as the fire chased him through the thick dry leaves. He ended up at the side of a long, straight road.
Moments later, the fire brigade showed up and fought the fire. Jack, covered in ash, watched helplessly as the fire went out.
After the fire was out, one of the fireman found Jack hiding beneath some leaves on the side of the road
He carfully picked Jack up and smiled a heartwarming smile.
Jack was placed in a small cosy box. It reminded him of his home. The fireman took Jack to the Animal Care Centre and and he was showed plenty of love and appreciation.
The other frogs were very nice and Jack fitted right in. There was even a pond with lots of rocks to play on.
Sometimes the firefighter, who rescued Jack, would come to visit, which made him very happy. Jack was happy here. He was home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!