Day 92

I was born cursed. Half a heart, no feelings, no love for myself or for others. I could feel no emotion. I couldn’t be happy or sad. My parents told me this was normal and not to worry. They smiled like it was no big deal and carried on with their lives. But all the other kids stared at me, pointed their figures and laughed. No one wanted to be my friend. Teachers looked down on me and usually slapped me in the face but I couldn’t feel a thing. My mother read me stories about demons and vampires; she told me they had no mercy for others. “Am I a vampire mummy?” I asked curiously “No sweetie, you’re not” she smiled and looked away like she usually did. I played with my figures and read the words again. When I was seven daddy showed me blood that was dipping from a dead animal. What did my parents want from me? Did they expect anything? I was a very cautious child. Never the one to speak or to be involved in anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, but the truth is, although I could not feel teachers, students and family abusing me, I could feel a hole, a hole in my heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!