Visions

Liz stared at her blank desk, hands in her mousy brown hair, ignoring her teacher ramble on about a math equation . Her eyes began to shut, and she sunk into her chair.
“Liz! Liz?” Someone whispered, tapping her on the shoulder.
“I’m awake Lily,” Liz murmured, “I’m..” She looked up, and suddenly she was completely unaware of her surroundings. A video started to play in her mind. She saw a young woman, her expression showing nothing but fear. The woman headed towards an ancient-looking house, something was wrong. Shadows were lurking and fading as the sun went down.

Lily poked her best friend for the third time, but she wouldn’t budge. Liz continued to stare into nothingness.
“Oh no,” thought Lily. Mrs. Clyde noticed Liz.
“Elizabeth! What on earth are you doing?” Mrs Clyde snapped.
Liz didn’t move.
“Elizabeth...If you don’t pay attention I will send you to the headmaster.”
Suddenly, colour drained back into Liz’s face.
“What?”Liz muttered. Mrs. Clyde narrowed her eyes and started to speak, but she was rudely interrupted by the sound of the bell ringing.
“Last chance, Elizabeth!”

“What happened?” Lily asked, hands on her hips.
“I don’t know,”
“I know you do, Liz.”
“Well, It was like a flashback or something,” Liz said, unsure, “It was dark, and there was a woman,” Liz continued, “She headed towards this old house, but something was wrong.”
Lily tried her best to hold back her laughter,
“You have definitely gone crazy!”
“No, I’m serious.”
"Do you really think I'm stupid enough to believe you?"
Liz stormed off, not even bothering to say goodbye to Lily.

*****
Liz lay on her bed, looking around her messy bedroom. There were clothes on the floor, empty plates, all of her unfinished homework, and a glass of old milk. She didn’t feel like cleaning it she felt like sulking in her room for the rest of the night. No one would listen to her, not her parents, not her best friend. The whole town thought she was crazy. She had had multiple flashbacks since the first one. Each one scarier than the last. What she saw in her most recent one, sent chills down her spine. The same woman walked into the ancient house. Inside, she snuck through trying to muffle her creaky footsteps. A scream came from the other room, and lying on the floor was the woman, dead. A man stood above her a grin across his face.

“Lily..”
“What?!” Lily screeched angrily
“Just please listen to me.”
Lily rolled her eyes,“Fine.”
“I had another one of those visions, and the woman I told you about died. I know it sounds stupid but please believe me. I think that what I’m seeing are visions of something that is about to happen. I recognise the woman, but I don’t how or where I saw her. ”
Lily stared at Liz for a couple of seconds before she spoke.
“I believe you.. Tell me everything.”

*****

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!