Jack And The Beanstalk; The Giant Speaks Out

You all must have heard the story "Jack and the Beanstalk". Not only in this tale but in many fairy tales or fables, we giants are often portrayed as the villain. But in reality, this is not entirely true. Take my story for instance.

It is hard being a giant. People often misunderstand us because of our size. Being large does not mean we are rude, mean, wicked or devious. Not every giant is evil. In fact, it is the opposite sometimes and humans take advantage of our generosity.

Take for instance the other day, this kid Jack, climbed up the beanstalk and came to my house. Doesn’t he know it is rude to barge in to somebody's house uninvited? But my wife took pity on him because he looked poor and hungry. She even offered him some breakfast, which he gobbled up pretty quickly. And how does he repay us for our generosity? He stole my golden egg while I was taking a nap. Actually, I saw him sneak out after he took my golden egg and waited for him to at least ask for my wife's permission to take the egg. I would not mind sharing my gold with him especially because he was so poor. But to steal from my house, now that behaviour was something I could not condone. I was really upset for a while, but my wife convinced me to forgive the little fiend.

Just when I decide to forgive him, Jack was back again. This time he was here to steal by golden egg laying chicken and my golden harp. Now that made me really angry. He was a thief and thieves should not be allowed to go about free. They should be thrown in jail. I was determined to catch him this time and make sure he gets what he deserves. So, I chased after him as fast as I could. But the little devil, as soon as he got down the bean stalk, he cut the bean stalk off. I fell with a loud thump on the ground. I could have been really hurt.

And to believe that people say that we are the ogres. It is really surprising how misunderstood we giants are.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!