Basketball Debut

My heart pounded like never before. The black whistle was blown loudly for the start of the game. Today was an exciting Saturday morning for me, my first game of U12 basketball at Hobart’s big Moonah Sports Centre. I had been eagerly waiting for this day.
We scuttled onto the court waiting willingly for the black and orange coloured basketball to be thrown into the air to start. Thwaattt!! The two opponents whacked the coloured basketball, smacking it upwards before it bounced into our opponents team’s hands. He quickly dribbled the ball down their end …shot… but luckily missed. The game went on really quickly. The atmosphere was awesome, I heard constant clapping, squeaky basketball shoes, loud lengthy sirens every 5 and 10 minutes for subs changing, and people cheering wildly.
The third quarter came round, our opponent team winning by far. I got a terrific pass nicely delivered to me, which I dribbled then…shot… Goal! Everyone on my team and my supporters started clapping proudly, my first goal in basketball. That’s something I will always remember.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!