Wasted Wishes


One day as I was walking on the beach I saw a bottle. I went to pick it up, but before I could a Genie came out of it ! He said “You are the lucky one. You get 3 wishes.”
He told me there are 3 rules
1. You can NEVER wish to be a Genie
2. You can not wish for infinite wishes
3. You can’t change the way you or anyone else looks

Thinking to myself that this couldn’t be real I mumbled.....”I wish this was really happening.” Immediately the Genie shouts “One wish granted.” I told him that wasn’t a real wish but he just said “One wish granted.”

Thinking for awhile I say “OK then....I wish to go into the sea and swim with the fish.” Immediately the Genie shouts “Second wish granted.” I look around and see fish and dolphins swimming around me. But without diving equipment I couldn’t stay under the water for long.

Another wish wasted...

I knew I had to be careful with my last wish and was about to say I wish to be a Genie but then I remembered the rules, YOU CAN NOT WISH TO BE A GENIE.
Thinking a little more I finally say “I wish to travel back in time to the first gold rush” Immediately the Genie shouts “Final wish granted.”

I look around and see a creek and pan, I go over to have a try panning for gold. But as I looked up from the pan, I see a man in a police suit with a whip in his hand. He asks me “Do you have a licence?” I mumble and struggle to find words “Um..uhh its..in my..um..tent over there” I pause for a moment and start to worry.
In a house next to the creek someone began to scream and shout, calling out for help. As the policeman gets distracted, I knew I would have to make a getaway, so I ran for it.

Wow, that was close, I thought to myself. Now I really didn’t want to stay here any longer so I began calling out to the Genie “I’m ready to come back now” but nothing happened so I called out again and again, but nothing ever changed.
“This isn’t fun anymore” I yelled out one last time. Remembering I had used my last wish to come here I knew Genie could not help me and that I was stuck here forever.

After crying and crying for hours I decided there was only one thing to do.... Become rich. Remembering what I had learnt about the gold rush at school I knew where all the gold was found and found it myself.

There was a time I felt tricked by the Genie, but then again, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have become the richest person in the world.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!