Parallel Life

"Just tell me what you saw!" The mysterious voice roared.
"I don't remember!" I cried.
"Fine, but you are staying here until you DO remember!" The voice groaned and slammed the rustic, old oak door behind them.
I have to get out this chair. I was tied up to a chair for some kind of reason, I recall. All I know is that my name is Mae and that I suffer from short term memory loss. Also, this man surprised me walking home from school.
He just said: "You're coming with me!"
Then he grabbed my arm and took me to this place.

"She is not answering my questions…" The voice growled.
"You can't expect her to respond straight away, are you sure it was her though?" Another Voice asked.
"Yes I am positive it was her, I even asked her parents. They said yes, she did remember her past life." The voice replied.
“Just leave her be, she’ll remember eventually.” The other voice mentioned.

Flashbacks were coming and going. I saw a boy. I think, maybe not. My memory was getting worse by the second. Was someone looking for me? I can’t remember… I heard footsteps approaching from behind the oak door.
“Do you remember anything at all?” The voice asked.
“Kind of, not really, what were we talking about again?” I said, curiously.
“We were talking about remembering your past life!” the voice barked
“Balgair, that’s enough!” The other voice scolded sca-olded
“I am sorry Eden, I was certain it was her but now I am not so sure” Balgair stated.
“Ok Mae, what do you remember?” Eden wondered.
What should I say, I remembered a boy. I shouldn’t tell them anything. Maybe if I don’t they will let me go.
“I see… Balgair let her go” Eden insisted.
“What? Are you sure?” Balgair responded
Eden gazed at Balgair. He nodded and let me go.

I am not entirely sure what happened today. I got off the bus, finished school and now I am here, walking home from a wooden shed.
Walking along, something caught my eye. Since I live in an urban area, you can tell when things are odd. There it was again. I followed it but it then disappeared. I shook my head..
Around the corner from my house a white, worn door was just in the middle of the foot path. Curious as I am, I opened the door and a gleaming light propelled itself out. It gave me the impression of heaven. . I stepped foot in the door. It shut closed behind me and I walked up the staircase. I saw my past life walking beside me.
“What was happening?” I asked myself. Of course no one answered. I let it take me.

“Eden you were right” Balgair concluded. Eden picked Mae up. Balgair and Eden then took unconscious Mae back to the wooden shed. Curious as to how and why she could remember her past life. Mae, Balgair and Eden were never seen again.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!