I JUST MET GOD

Today I died and went to heaven so God definitely has messed something up. My death day was like any other day. I went to the liquor shop and came out to see Jeff the donation guy aka most annoying person alive. Obviously being the good person I am, I decided to greet him,

“Hey brace face got any loose change I can sneak” I snickered

“Leave me alone Cleo” Jeff whined.

“Jeez someone’s grumpy; did your mum finally tell you what a disappointment you are?” I chuckled.

Jeff gave me a rude look and left. Meanwhile I got in the car, got stuck on the boring highway and decided to cure my boredom by opening the vodka. Then all of a sudden BOOM! Glass shards, car horns, blood and shocked people surrounded the place, and me, well I was dead. I’m not going into details but basically I died from an extremely violent car crash.

I believe God has made a mistake and misplaced me into heaven. I know you're probably wondering why would she be complaining about being in heaven even if you shouldn't be? I mean according to stories told on Earth, ‘heaven’ is supposedly YOUR perfect place. Everything is following what you like so you will be pleased and nothing should go wrong. For me though, my perspective is slightly different and I know that living here will be difficult. Personally ,my house is nice but not perfect, the food is meh and town is boring yet amazing, everything is just OK when it’s supposed to be flawless.

Coming clean with God will need to wait a while though. God has gone to the control centre of the afterlife and needs to stay there, so I have to fit in till he comes back. Been here for 3 weeks now and A LOT of stuff has happened including making friends and becoming a better person to keep my position in heaven. I have 4 friends who know I don't belong here and are trying to help and improve me by providing me with moral dilemma and philosophy lessons. Honestly it is working because I have changed alot. So the day has come, God’s coming back and we’re have to gonna talk, I don't want to leave but I know I should tell God that there has been a mistake no matter the consequences. Approaching him felt exceptionally overwhelming and my body hairs were standing up.

“Hey, could we talk” I asked

“ Sure cleo what's wrong” God spoke

It was then, when I was explaining my story I had a moment of realisation… My whole experience here was affecting me negatively, the house, town, neighbours and food was all wrong and was full of flaws….

“SWEET JESUS I’VE BEEN LIVING IN HELL DISGUISED AS HEAVEN” I said astonishingly

God (god?) gave a sly smile and said sneakily

“So you figured it out”

then everything fell pitch black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!