Camp Dagon Rider

Giselle, Eddie, Zane, Lars, Lucas, and Clara were walking along the beach at their grade 6 camp when they came across something strange. Six large rocks were in front of them the same size as their heads in many different colours. They asked Ms. Tori if she had seen anything like them before. She said “no” but they could take them back to their cabins if they wanted. They all took a rock. Giselle took the orange rock, Eddie the black, Zane the pink, Lars the dark blue as Lucas’s was light and Clara took the purple rock.

In their free time they would hang out in the lounge wondering what the strange rocks could be. When they woke up the next morning the rocks were gone! They all flew down the hallway as if they had seen a ghost. They found the rocks in the main hall. They had legs! In an instant Clara ripped her rock to shreds and a dragon emerged. Everyone tore their eggs open, baby dragons emerged. The dragons needed names. Giselle named her dragon Torchy, Lucas named his dragon Frostbite, Eddie’s was Nightmare, Zane’s dragon was named Pinky for obvious reasons. Clara’s dragon was named by the whole group Rick because Clara’s ideas were disturbing. Lars named his dragon The Count. The dragons started destroying everything! “Eddie what the hell is happening” Yelled Lucas. No one knew. But Giselle. “They don’t know what’s right” Giselle whispered. Everyone looked at her. “YOU DRAGONS GET DOWN HERE” the dragons came down. They decided they would teach the dragons right from wrong. It took all day. They let the dragons sleep in the lounge for the night. Eddie heard strange noises coming from the lounge. As soon as he saw the dragons he went to go wake up Giselle. He woke her up and dragged her down the hall. The dragons had grown. “Want a ride?” He asked Giselle as if he were Aladdin. They got on the dragon. They flew in silence for a while and then “hay Eddie, why did you pick me?” Giselle asked curiously. “well umm I…” “hay guys!” It was Clara. “Oh hi Clara” Eddie said. Everyone else was there too. They all decided to tell Ms. Tori about the dragons. Ms. Tori loved them! She said they would build a dome for the dragons to live. They built the dome when they got back from camp. They all put in some effort. Clara had an idea for a hot tub. Rick loved it. There was a cave in the dome. This cave was home to Nightmare and Torchy’s baby dragons called Rocket, Darkside and Lantern. They all went to visit the dragons every lunch time. And as for the baby dragons that’s another story…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!