Dark Shadows

Dark Shadows
“Ahh” That was the sound of me screaming when the dark shadows appeared.
One dark, frosty cold night I was home alone in my extremely cold room about to read my new book it’s called “Dark Shadows”
But then I heard a knock on my bedroom window, I went to look and check, there was an old man with an axe in his hand! I knew it was my imagination, but I knew I heard a knock!
So I checked down in the basement and turned on the lights. The lights just kept flickering, I got scared and tried to run up the stairs but something held me back but I just kept trying and luckily got out!
I quickly ran up the stairs and locked all the doors. I wanted to read the book so badly so I started reading, in the book there were dark mythical creatures. I got so interested in the book so I just kept reading, until something distracted me. It was some wired creature, it was outside my window.
It looked like a huge spider mixed with a tiny ant!
I just ignored it and went to my mirror and braided my hair for bed, but in the mirror I saw a weird shadow. I quickly looked behind me and it wasn’t there, I looked back in the mirror and it was even closer than last time, I looked behind me again and it was there it grabbed my neck.
Luckily in my bedside table drawer there was a knife in it, I tried to stab it but it quickly disappeared.
I ran to my bed but I couldn’t go to sleep. Then I ran outside and tried to find help, but it looked like a whole other world.
I slowly realised that I had fell into the book. There was a hole that I could escape out of and luckily I got out!
I called the police when I got home. My mum came home, I throw the book out and was to never read it again. I gave my mum the biggest hug I could.
And that was the creepiest night of my life!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!