A Day At Sea

“And that's all for weather, back to you at the news desk Bob, and that's all we have time for on 7 news, bye.”
Leaving Hervey Bay at 6:00 am, the news said that there will be a storm today, but I wasn't worried about it because now I am sailing away off into the distance.
2 hours into the journey and suddenly a gigantic wave comes out of nowhere and tips my boat over. I am alright, but I lost all my supplies, but I am closer to my destination then home, so I push on further into the ocean...
Further into the ocean, dark clouds start gathering in the sky and getting bigger. Rain starts pouring down on me, lightning starts flashing and grabbing at the sky and then suddenly a lightning strike comes down towards me. I dive out of the way and smash my head on the side of the boat, then I taste blood, right before I pass out...
When I wake up again, my head is throbbing and I realise I am in a lake full of piranhas. I start paddling as fast as I can, then I go over a waterfall, luckily I land flat and discover I am on the coast of Brazil.
I quickly paddle up onto land, drag my boat up, drop anchor and run over to the road and get a taxi and meet Pop. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!