Dark Past Of The Dark Lord

“Hmm, which house shall you be in? Ravenclaw?” Tom Marvelo Riddle shuddered at the thought, Ravenclaw. “SLYTHERIN!” exclaimed the Sorting-Hat heartily.
Cheers exploded from the Slytherin table as Tom gave a great sigh of relief. He took a seat and started discussing, a smirk on his sharp, dark-haired face. Tom had adoptive parents-Clare and Mac Riddle. He utterly loathed his father, who was a muggle, (non-magical). Tom liked ‘Defence against the Dark Arts’, and communicated with a girl called Patricia, who was tall and had vivid, red, hair.
His mother died. His father could have stopped it, just the hospital trip.
For this reason, Tom had a strong urge to avoid his father at all costs.
“Patricia, you know, this may be slightly demented, though I have a thought inside me, that I should massacre my father,” he stared blankly.
“Slightly? Don’t be so absent minded!” scoffed Patricia.
“I know, I know!” shouted Tom, easily losing his temper.
“Ok, calm down, geez!” exclaimed Patricia.
“Ok, anyways, we have O.W.L’s soon (Ordinary Wizarding Levels)!’ said Tom, changing the subject. They walked through the corridor silently, the chattering of students making it seem rowdy and loud.
He hadn’t been keen on a bond with his father. The year before, they learnt about the unforgiveable curses, crucio -which caused excruciating pain, imperio -which gave you control over someone, and avada kedavra -the killing curse.
O.W.L’s were approaching, and students were revising. Both students had written, and practical tasks on which they were assessed. Riddle had taken up the subjects of charms, transfiguration, defence against the dark arts and potions.
Tom did very well, though he didn’t mind the results. Most people looked forward for home, but Tom didn’t… Patricia and Tom were sitting against a tree, when Tom said abruptly, “That voice in my head…”
“Yeah, what about it?” answered Patricia.
“I keep thinking about it,” said Tom.
“No, you can’t, you know it isn’t right!” exclaimed Patricia.
“Go on, finish your lecture!” cried Tom bitterly.
“Ugh, your choice, not my loss if your father’s dead!” exclaimed Patricia exasperated.
Tom got up and left.
On the last day of term, Tom decided to murder... Tom went to the Great Hall to enjoy the Christmas feast. Tom went back to his dormitory and unwillingly packed. The next day, he headed off to Hogwarts Express...
Tom headed home and got off the train, then met his father with utter hatred. Tom reluctantly hugged his father. Although he hated home, it was always welcoming with a fire and a lovely scent. Pictures hung along the walls. Chattering was heard from the television and from his father and Tom. Tom’s father simply gazed into his son’s eyes, unaware of what would be his fate.
Tom slyly pulled out his wand.
“AVADA KEDAVRA!” He felt antagonism shoot up his back, with unexpected satisfaction…
From that day, he was Lord Voldemort. He never saw Patricia again, nor returned to school ever again…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!