Video Game Mayhem

Video Game Mayhem
“BEEP! BOPP! BEEP! DING-DING!” On the screen, there was a vivid flash on our computers. “Yay! We overcame the atrocious cupcakes!” Squealed Ella. “The final level. The gummy boss.” I remarked.
We all pressed start, but then a message appeared on all our screens. I opened the message, so did my friends. In a blink of an eye, we disappeared into our computers and into a colourful, fluorescent, vivid, neon portal “What… is… this?” Ellexis spoke slowly. Suddenly, we came from the other side and fell out of the clear, blue sky, tumbling. Cindy landed head-first in a bush. Tasnia was walking mindlessly and the twins collided into each other.
The atmosphere around us was alternative from our world, particularly flat plain, it was like we were in a cartoon. We stood up. Cindy looked at Tasnia. “Hey Tas, feeling little… flat?!” Cindy joked. We were as thin as a piece of paper. We looked what was upon us. A substantial screen with candy. “Are we playing Candy Crush?” Ellexis said. “Begin!” A voice exclaimed. We had to achieve 1200 points. “Hey! There’s a match up there! ” Cindy exclaimed .We had so much fun clearing candy in the way. “1100 points!” I cheered. “There’s a 5-in-a-row-match.” Ella shouted. However, the conflict was that no one could reach it. “Quick! Stand on each other’s shoulders. I instructed as we had 1 move left. They followed what I instructed. “Ella! Reach the combo!” I yelled.
Reaching hard, Ella still couldn’t manage to reach. ”Cindy jump!” Tasnia yelled. Cindy jumped as high as she can. ”Got it!’ Ella exclaimed. Bright colours appeared on the screen.
“ZAP!” We were in the portal. We came out of the portal. ”We’re Minecraft people!!!!” Ellexis screamed excitedly. ”THUMP! THUMP!” What was that noise?
Out came a strangely odd figure. It was as massive as a boulder, red as an angry bull and a face like it was ready to fight. Beside me was an agglomeration of colourful blocks. I realised what this was about. It was a building challenge…
Every one chose me to do the challenge. The limit was 12 minutes. A voice rang to commence the competition.
I started building a castle while the boss started constructing a sculpture of himself. While I was building, the ‘Mission Impossible’ music started playing. I looked behind me. Cindy had built a piano, playing, I kept on constructing.
“Finished!” I remarked. My masterpiece was in front of me. The boss also had his creation completed. ”Ding-a-ling!” The clock rang.
The voice rang: “And the winner is… piano roll please.” Cindy played the piano. “And the winner is the challenger!”
“YES!” I yelled. I looked at the boss, he was infuriated because he didn’t win the competition. Suddenly he slowly started fading away.
“ZAP!” We got zapped and landed on my bed. In our hands was a lustrous gold trophy. Who sent us to this mission and why were we chosen? No-one knows…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!