Rain Storm

Rain Storm

Rain dripping, drip…. drop…… drip…..drop, I watch silently as the water suddenly turned into a storm. My brother is playing with his toy train, “Choo Choo, Choo Choo!” he exclaimed.
The water kept on going. “When is this going to stop?” I wondered silently.

As l was thinking my mum, in a flurry, ran to me.
“Thomas, Thomas oh Thomas,” she screamed. “Help me. I forgot to get the dogs out the rain and l locked all the doors and windows, so now they can’t get inside. Oh the poor little things,” sighed Mum.
“Oh mum don’t you worry, I knew you would forget so l took them inside.”
“Well then why haven't l seen them?” asked mum.
“Because they are probably hiding under the beds.” Explained Thomas, “You know how they get scared of storms, especially rain storms.”
“Oh okay,” replied mum and then as quick as lightning she went away.

Boom, crash wallop!! The storm went, as soon as this had happened my brother, Harry ran away.

The rain storm went on and on and on for 3 or 4 hours. In these 3 or 4 hours l sat by the window watching the rain pour down. My brother was fast asleep and the dogs were hiding under my bed. Then as quick as a rabbit running away from a fox it stopped.
So suddenly.
So quickly.
That l didn’t even see it.
“Mum, mum!” l yelled “The rain has stopped, I repeat the rain has stopped!”
Then at that exact moment a gentle breeze hit me. Oh no l thought, is the storm starting again? But to my relief it didn’t.
Now l can finally enjoy my first weekend in the school holidays! YAY!!!

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!