Airman's Powerful Battle

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

`Help! Help! cried the group of Sydney Harbour Bridge climbers. “The Bridge is crumbling.”

Grapeseed Girl had splashed the Harbour Bridge with her slippery, acidic oil which made the climbers slip and the Bridge began to crumble. Grapeseed Girl was angry. She had been refused the contract to oil the Bridge and was now determined to destroy it.

Airman’s supersonic hearing heard the Bridge climbers cries. He knew to respond to the call immediately before the Bridge crumbled. The oil that Grapeseed Girl sprayed would be very dangerous.

With a quick whoosh of the wind and a punch, he came smashing through the air. The force of his fist knocked her out onto the roadway and Grapeseed Girl screamed in pain.

“That’s the end of Grapeseed Girl” said Airman.

Airman heard the people’s screams, “Help us, the Bridge is crumbling!”

He swooped under the water, so deep, to the very bottom of the ocean and found the largest flat rock. He thought the people could jump on this and be saved. Airman flew high with the rock held in the air. “This will save you my fellow friends. Jump on the rock,” he shouted.

Airman held the rock steady while all the people jumped on the “platform, the last man landed really hard and screamed, “I’ve broken my leg!”

Airman flew through the air to Luna Park to safely place them down. Then he sent a soundwave to 000 to get help the injured man. Airman then turned his attention to the oily Harbour Bridge. He wondered how he was going to fix the sudden crumbling because the cars were still using the road to travel over it to reach the outer suburbs of Sydney.

Airman raised his hand and caught many sunbeams from the sky which he directed onto the Bridge. The sunbeams started to melt the toxic oil that was causing the Harbour Bridge to crumble. Airman shot his net and caught the oil as it fell from the Bridge and kept it secure from touching the ocean so the water did not become toxic with Grapeseed Girl’s horrible powerful oil. Airman was able to detoxify the oil with a chemical explosion and it transformed into clean water.

Now to fixing the Bridge. Airman travelled through the water, this time finding small rocks the size of bricks, to replace the crumbled Harbour Bridge structure. He returned to the Bridge and with superpower precision, was able to throw the rocks into their places to support the parts that were crumbling. Cars would be able to drive over the Bridge once more, maybe with just a few small bumps.

On the evening news the Lord Mayor presented Airman with the keys to the City of Sydney for his quick response to saving people and preventing the Sydney Harbour Bridge from crumbling. This would have been a disaster because the people from the suburbs could not have reached their workplace or returned to their families.

Airman had saved the day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!