Music

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Music

Once there was a girl called Zoe. Every night she went to sleep she dreamt of horses.
Her favourite thing to do was going out on trail rides with her friend Jade.
Zoe did not own a horse, but Jade had two horses, Lucky and Pebbles and shared them with Zoe.
One day when Jade and Zoe were out on a trail ride a fox ran in front of Lucky who Jade was riding
.Lucky did a small buck and frightened Pebbles.
Pebbles bucked Mia off and she hurt her ankle, she got a huge cut and she felt very hurt. She shook from all the pain and was so frightened.
She was rushed to the doctor but only needed a bandage.
Once she was back home she rested her ankle on the couch and looked in her competition book.
Whenever she felt sad she looked at all of the competitions she had been in.
She had been in nineteen and had won nine.
The next day Zoe tried to go for a walk at Warrandyte.
Her cut felt worse Zoe thought, she did not feel happy at all.
Just then Zoe limped past a stable, and spotted a beautiful brown horse standing in the paddock.
Then she spotted someone who looked familiar feeding the horse. She thought she should go and talk to her, so she did. Zoe was so excited when she realized it was Amity. ‘
“Hello Amity!” she yelled.
“Hello Zoe!” replied Amity. “I haven’t seen you for a while. What happened to your leg?”
“It’s just a cut,” said Zoe. “What’s that horses name?” asked Zoe.
“Music.” Replied Amity.
“I love horses Amity, I fell off a friends horse and that’s how I hurt myself. Can I help you feed that horse” asked Zoe
“You can help take care of Music with me if you like and you can even Ride Music.”
“I’m not going to ride anymore. I don’t want to get hurt again.”
“Seriously you can trust Music, nobody has ever fallen off her, she is a beautiful horse, nothing bothers her.” said Amity “I will get you riding Music.” said Amity.
Suddenly Amity said I’ll start you on a lunge at walk so you can’t fall off and so you get use to being on a horse. Said Amity. OK said Zoe. So Zoe helped tack Music then Amity led Magic up into the arena
Shaking Zoe mounted Magic ,Amity put on the lunge rope on Magic and picked up the lunge crop.
Zoe gave Music a tiny squeeze. After two hours of walk Amity said would you like to trot but not on the lunge because you look like a pro at walk. OK said Zoe so she Squeezed Music, she went into trot and a few days later she learnt how to canter and jump.
A few more days later she was her self again.
THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!