The Fish Olympics

One day, a little fish called Pottie Mc Mullot had a dream. This dream was to become the best Fish Olympian under the sea. “Pottie darling, time to wake up!” Pottie’s mother called.
“But mum Fish Olympians don't have to go to school!”
“But your not a Fish Olympian are you now Pottie?” Potties mother shouted back.
“Not yet.. but I will be very soon!”
“Oh Pottie go get ready for school you don't want to be late.”
“Fine! Pottie replied, then he stormed off into his room and pushed over a coral lamp. Pottie scoffed down some Fish kelp and jumped onto his dolphin then rode to Fishy High.

Pottie had no friends, accept the bullies A.K.A the sharkley brothers.“Hey Pottie have you been to the bathroom lately” one sharkley brother called out whilst Pottie glumly walked down the main hall of Fishy High.
“No” Pottie said feeling his face go red with sadness and anger. Pottie swam as quickly back home with everything in his bag flying out. Thankfully his mum was at the fish market in town so that meant Pottie was safe. Pottie turned on the Stingraydio and listened in closely,
“Are you overweight, Ugly and a nobody, well you should go to CARLS Fish academy for young fish boys.” Pottie immediately turned off his stingraydio, grabbed some seaweed crisps and swam to the sand couch. “What’s this!” “An enrolment form for CARLS Fish academy?”. Just as this had happened his mother swam into the house. Pottie swam as fast as he could, getting further and further away.
“Pottie no please come back It was just an idea!”Potties mother cried.

As he was swimming he began to drift off and swam into a huge iceberg. “OUCH!” Pottie yelled.
“HELLO YOUNG POTTIE” the Iceberg bellowed.
“Who goes there” Pottie said frightened.
“ME THE ICEBERG IN FRONT OF YOU!” The iceberg called. “I AM THE ICEBERG OF SUCCESS”. “I SEE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOWN IN THE CLAMS ALL DAY”.
-“You see I really”-....Pottie had cut in.
“YOUNG POTTIE SILENCE IF YOU PLEASE” “I KNOW YOUR DREAM AND I AM GOING TO HELP YOU WITH IT!” The iceberg said in a grander voice than before.
“Really!!” Pottie exclaimed.
“JUST FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU WILL BECOME THE BEST FISH OLYMPIAN UNDER THE SEA!”

“FIRST STEP IS PERSISTENCE, YOUNG POTTIE NEVER GIVE UP”. “SECOND STEP IS FAILURE, WHEN YOU FAIL YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO TRY AGAIN”. THIRD STEP IS SACRIFICE, POTTIE YOU MUST GIVE UP THOSES SEAWEED CRISPS”.
“Oh wait but”...Pottie said disapprovingly
“FOURTH STEP IS DISAPPOINTMENT, REMEMBER THAT YOUR NOT ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE WINNER”. “FIFTH STEP IS GOOD HABITS SO THAT MEANS HELPING YOUR MUM. “NOW THE FINAL STEP IS TO BE DEDICATED, POTTIE YOU MUST LIVE BY THESES RULES AND IF YOU DO YOUR DREAM WILL COME TRUE”
“Thanks Mr” and Pottie swam all the way back home.

3 MONTHS LATER….

“Who is that”. “He is in great shape!”... “THAT'S MY BABY!” “Mum don’t embarrass me, this is the Fish Olympics”. Pottie yelled over the screaming crowd with three gold sea medallions hanging around his neck. Pottie became the the best Fish Olympian of his time with great thanks to the Iceberg of Success.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!