Terror In The Jungle

Finally the rain stopped, the clouds moved slowly out of the way of the sun. A big shiny and bright beam lit up the whole forest.My name is Harry Connolly and I am in the forest to experience what animals go through daily, weekly and yearly.
As I opened my eyes I lay on my back in a pile of leaves looking up towards the treetops, I see many monkeys munching on bananas, and helping the young to find their food. The monkeys look down and spot me below, my heart starts racing, I think the monkeys are threatened by my presence.
They begin to throw objects that they find in the trees, I begin to run, my legs shaking with fear running so fast that my legs overtake my body, I trip and fall headfirst down a steep hill. I slide down the hill grazing every part of my body, I hear the monkeys jumping tree to tree. I hit the bottom of the hill and run again.
I make my way a huge bush and hide in it. I hear footsteps getting louder, they stop my heart is racing. Thirty minutes later its silent I get out of the bush and walk down to a river, I take a handful of water and have a drink, Im relieved that the monkeys are gone. I walk down a bushy path trying to find food. I find a fish in a nearby river and take my knife from my backpack and dropped my backpack and jumped into the river. I snuck up on the fish, I get the knife ready in my hand, I did it I got food, I got out of the water and placed the fish on the ground and and grabbed some twigs. And I made a fire with a rock, a branch and the twigs I found. Perfect! I sat next to my amazing fire and went to sleep. Next day I went into a cave I found and when I went in, I heard a creak but kept walking, I heard a roar. Before I know I was hit in the face by a bear! I hopped up and ran while calling my crew to pick me up with their helicopter because bears don't stop running. I hear the helicopter flying and climb up a tree and waited. It was a bad decision to climb a tree because bears can climb trees.
The helicopter arrives near the tree, the bear was an inch from my feet. I took the jump to the helicopter and made it. That was a close call, I was happy I did what I came here to do which was to EXPERIENCE!
I was glad that I went on that journey and was happy and proud about what I did and what I tried.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!