Washed Up


Washed up
People have commented on her sea blue eyes and chocolate brown hair and said she looks like a girl version of the Greek god Poseidon. She has always brushed off such comments, everyone knows there is no such thing as the Greek Gods, they are just an old myth.
Zoe grabbed her surf board what a wonderful day for surfing, clear blue skies. She ran down the white sand of the beaches next to her house. Smiling as the sand crunched pleasantly between her toes. Sea spray splashed crisply against her cheeks. Zoe turned her board so that she could catch the great wave that was forming behind her. Just as she turned her board she saw lightning dance across the sky.
“The sky was blue just before it can’t be stormy now.” she mumbled to herself, but sure enough the sky was dark and menacing. It started to rain as Zoe remembered that you should never be in the water when there is a storm. She struggled to get to shore. It was useless, the water around her was already churning and tossing her about like a rag doll in a washing machine. The wave crashed down pulling Zoe under. Luckily she had her surf board so it was easier for her to keep her head above water.
She was icy cold.
” AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! who are you?” shrieked Zoe trying to swim away.
There was a man sitting on her surf board. He had short messy black hair and sea blue eyes, a deep tan and a cheerful face.
“I am Poseidon.” the man said in a matter of a fact way.
“Who?” Zoe remarked rudely
“Poseidon God of the sea.”
“Aren’t the Greek Gods some old myth.” She recalled that from a book that she had read for school.
“No.”
“Well I guess that just clears that up then.” Zoe muttered under her breath. This guy was obviously not going to give her any more information other than that he was Poseidon.
“I can return you to your island… if that is what you want?”
“Yes, that is exactly what I want but how could you possibly……” Zoe was cut off as a huge wave loomed in front of her. Poseidon had disappeared.
Zoe screamed as the wave swept her under, CRACK her surf board hit a rock and broke in half. Then for what seemed like a split second she saw the friendly face of Poseidon as he waved good bye.
Zoe woke up with seaweed in her hair and sand on her face, she had a surf board next to her though it looked suspiciously different from her surf board. She told her story to her friends and family but no one believed her. All that mattered to Zoe was that she remembered that Poseidon God of the sea had saved her. But why had he saved her is the one thing that will stay a mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!