Jack's Horrible, Terrible, Horrendous Day

“I’m hideous!” cried Jack as he looked into the mirror at the Optometrist. “Why do I even have to wear these stupid things?!” he yelled tearing off the glasses.
“So you can see, Honey. Don’t worry, everyone will be sooo jealous!” cried his mum in delight.
“I sure hope there is no sight of me reported,” thought Jack.
DING, DONG! Rang the school bell.
“Oh no, I’m late!” cried Jack, and he sprinted off to class. Dashing down the hallway, Jack burst into class.
“Sorry I’m late, Mrs Sole. I hope you don’t mind?!” cried Jack in despair.
“Oh no, not at all, Jack! I do love those glasses of yours. What are those pictures, horses?” asked Mrs Sole kindly.
“Unicorns” mumbled Jack, and plomped into his chair. Jack could hear laughter at the back of the bright, poster filled, classroom, but decided to ignore it.
Half way through his daily English nap, Jack was roused by a ring on his phone. He quickly pulled it out of Mrs Sole’s sight and read it. ‘HEY UNICORN, HOW’S YOUR DAY LOOKING, CLEAR?!’ Jack heard sniggering behind him as he put it away.
At lunch, Jack ordered a pink and purple slushy and an egg roll. On his way to his seat, Jack bumped into a huge mound of muscle, about 6 foot, the school bully, Chris.
“What do you want, unicorn!?” cried Chris in his stone, cold voice.
“I’m - not - a - unicorn!” Jack burst out. Instantly regretting what he had said, Jack tried to walk away, but was stopped by one of Chris’ followers, who snatched at his glasses. Jack tried to dodge him but had his glasses torn from his face. Jack turned to where he thought Chris stood. Taking his chances Jack threw a blind punch but was instantly stopped and punched again and again by Chris until an on duty teacher broke up the fight.
“What is going on here boys?!” she snapped, dryly.
“He was-” but Jack was cut off by…
“Enough! Detention, both of you!”
Jack looked out the car window gloomily.
“What on earth were you thinking?!” roared his mum from the front seat, “Putting up a blind fight with the toughest kid in school?!”
“I was just trying t-”
“No never mind, we’re here.”
Jack looked into the Optometrist’s mirror horrified.
“I’m hideous!” he cried “Can I please just have plain black glasses?!” he asked in despair, tearing off the puppy dog glasses, he was given earlier.
“Just a little bit of colour, please?” asked the assistant eagerly.
“If you insist,” Jack replied finally giving in.
The next day, Jack pulled out his glasses for class. He was shocked to find, RAINBOW GLASSES! In the case.
“NOOO!!!” he cried.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!