Earth's Future Saviour

As I was admiring the breath-taking view from my balcony. With my hair flowing in the soft breeze I was looking at the glistering stars dance across the night sky in tune with the faint music playing in the background. Then, Boom! I heard as a metal asteroid hit the earth with a loud crash causing a big crater engulfing the city like a sinkhole. In minutes, news reporters swarmed around the crater. As I was heading back inside, there was loud screech that rang through my ears. Deafening them I slowly turned around full of fright not wanting to look. I took a peek. Darn! I stood there I wish I hadn’t peeked. I froze on the spot.

There floated a creature piercing me with a menacing look. It was wolf like but at the same time it looked, human. It was growling at me. The growl was so threatening it shook my bones. A shiver went up and down my spine. As it was slowly opening its mouth to speak, it got shot and fell 10 stories down. Thank goodness. But the beast was back. Breathing on my back. As quick as the flash I blacked out mainly because of fear. Falling onto the freezing marble floor.

After about a day of pure silence as well as coldness, I gasped as I woke up in a hospital room, forgetting what had happened the last week. Nurses and doctors came flooding into my room.
“Are you alright madam?” the doctor questioned.
“Yes, I’m quite alright,” I paused, “But where and why am I here,” a wave of whispers started as soon as I said that. “Did I say something wrong?” I thought.
“Well miss,” a nurse mumbled not knowing what to say, so she glanced to my left arm. I slowly but surely followed her glance. I looked in horror as I examined my arm. How? What? When? Where? Who? A million questions speed through my mind as my memory flashed through of what happened. When I pieced all the memories together I was shocked of what happened:

One week ago, as I blacked out onto the floor I felt rough warm fur around me. I heard muffled voices and growls. I soon realised that the wolf thing was carrying me. But where was I heading? Soon I was being put down to something soft. “Start the ceremony,” it commanded. Pain shot though my body. After an hour I was woken up with strange markings on my left arm. The thing then explained that I was the chosen one, their leader sent their race to earth for refuge and how the markings had powers. Right after, the police knock the door down. I somehow blacked out with all this happening so fast.

Present: “Take me back!” I yelled.
“It’s okay now, don’t worry, it’s over,” the doctor calmly spoke checking I was okay.
“No! It’s not that,” I explained. I paused, “The world is in grave danger…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!