Olympic Glory

"On your marks, get set, GO!" yelled the starter.
The starting gun had gone off. My heart started pounding out of my chest. I looked around and saw my opponents sprinting next to me, they were right on my tail. I looked ahead, the finish line was in sight! Would I make it in time? Without thinking, I looked down at my shoes, oh no! My shoe lace had come un done. In no time, I had tripped over it! My heart had stopped! I watched my opponents cross the finish line without me. I covered my face so no one could see me crying. Fat tears started pouring down my face. What had I done!

What had happened? I had been training to go to the Olympics for four years to represent Australia, whereas now I am not going at all! My chance had gone down the drain. I was annoyed with myself because it was my dream to go to the Olympics and stand on the podium with a medal. It would make my mum feel overwhelmed. What was I going to do? Hopefully the mayor will still let me run, he knows how good I am.

I walked to the starting line and started to stretch. I also made sure my shoe laces were tight! I was feeling really confident this time."On your marks, get set, GO!" yelled the starter for the second time. I started to sprint up my lane but I was to far behind! The crowd was chanting out to me to sprint faster. I started to pick up my pace now, I became one on one with a gold medal Russian sprinter. It was going to be tough to get passed him. I looked out into the crowd and saw mum and dad watching me. Somehow I got in front... I crossed the finish line coming in first place!

I stood up on the podium with a sigh of relief. I was presented with beautiful flowers and a hard worked for gold medal. The crowd clapped and cheered for what felt like ages. I looked out to the crowd. The first person l saw was my mum. There were tears of joy coming out of her eyes. I had finally achieved my goal!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!