Kindness Is In Everyone

Kindness is in everyone!!

“Someone, help me,” screamed Bella.
“No!! stay away,” yelled Rose.
“This could be the end of us,” yelled Bella.
These were the screams Amelia heard coming from the street. Amelia, The Queen Elf, ruled over RiaGorga, a small continent off the south coast of Elf Island. RiaGorga was an island in which everything was small.
Amelia was wondering what was happening. RiaGorga had always been a happy place and no-one was one was ever upset, that was, until Annie, her niece arrived. Annie was sent to RiaGorga from a neighbouring island, DarkVille. Amelia knew this kingdom well as Andy, her brother was the king and he was mean and nasty to everyone, including his daughter.
“Girls,” Amelia yelled to the Pixies as she exited the palace and saw Bella and Rose sitting in the street crying. “What’s the problem?” she asked, already knowing the answer.
“It’s Annie,” said Bella. “She chased me with hairspray!! My beautiful hair could’ve been destroyed if she pressed that trigger!”
“She’s evil,” said Rose. “She knows we love our hair and she’s always threating to cut it!”
All the pixies in RiaGorga had long, straight hair and wore bright clothes that made everyone feel happy. Annie didn’t. She had short spiked hair and wore all black clothes.
“Oh girls, I don’t think she’d do it,” Amelia replied, trying to calm down the hysterical girls. “You girls go find somewhere to hide and I’ll talk to her.”
The girls left, and Queen Amelia went in search of Annie. The queen found her in the town’s toy shop, making faces at the young children.
“Annie,” barked the queen. “You need to stop that!! You’re making children cry.”
“They're looking at me!!! “Annie huffed. “Anyway, no-one likes me. I have no friends, I don’t belong here!!”
“You do belong here. You may look and dress differently, but it doesn’t mean you have to act differently to us. Perhaps if you tried being nice, others would be your friends,” Amelia told Annie sternly. “I’ll throw a party and try to be nice to everyone.”
Everyone in RiaGorga was invited to the Queens Palace for the party. Annie was nervous but also excited. Living in DarkVille, where people were always horrible, Annie didn’t know how to be nice.
Annie saw Bella and Rose sitting at a table. Annie was nervous as she walked towards them. The girls stood up in fear.
“I’m not going to hurt you,” said Annie. “I want to be friends, but I don’t know how to be nice, no-one has ever been kind to me.”
“Well,” Bella said. “Stop doing things that will hurt us. Always think what will make others happy and do that.”
“Oh, I’d never thought about other people’s feelings,” Annie replied.
With this new-found knowledge of always thinking of others, Annie and the three pixies became good friends. No-one in RiaGorga feared Annie again, proving that kindness is everyone but sometimes it needs someone to point out how to find it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!