Tearing The Earth

The scissors began to tear the world apart. Everything just slowly being torn to pieces, bit by bit. Everyone’s land, town, country, homes, their lives, being torn to shreds. No-one could believe what was going on. People began leaving their destroyed homes attempting to view what was left of this devastated, shattered and ruined world. No-one knew that the scissors were being controlled by the world itself. The world had had enough of the way humans were killing it, so it decide to use the scissors to remove the highest layer of the Earth. This would clear all the humans from the world and there would no longer be any pollution or destruction of the Earth by humans or other animals. When they had completed the tearing of the Earth there was nothing left of the previous world. Just lots and lots of rock and dirt situated where the world’s beautiful oceans, towns, fields, valleys, rivers, mountain and lakes used to be. The world had not understood how bad of a decision this had been until they came to the realisation that everything was so boring now. The whole Earth had become just a huge space of nothingness. Nothing happened because there was no-one there to make something happen. Nothing grew because there was nothing there to grow. Nothing developed because there was nothing there to develop. The world was devastated with what it had done. The disappointment, anger and sadness all were going through it’s emotion system, built into its inner core. It had ruined everything and now had to deal with it himself.

268 words, Riley Hilder, 13, Year 8, Beaconhills College Berwick

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!