Make A Start To A New Game

Hi my name is Josh. I play rugby, my team is called Bulldogs. I play as kicker. I played on the weekend, I played a game we won by one point.
One day I was walking home when I saw a game of soccer, it looked good. I sat and I watched it, it looked really good! I went home and in steed of watching rugby I watched soccer. I like it. I said to myself I could have a go. I know the ruses. The next day I had a go at it was fun but it was really hard, I said I would train so after school I train and train I got better the next year I was so good I woke up and went down the stairs my mum said “what sports are you going to do this year”
“Soccer” I replied
“Really not rugby”
“Oh I forgot”
“So”
“I will think about it”.
At school I thought about it. One of my soccer friend said “are you going to soccer tries tomorrow” tomorrow I forgot now I have a day to pick I said in my head then my friend from rugby said “are you going to rugby tries” my soccer friend said” no he is going to soccer trills”, that just made It harder to pick I got home and I went up stirs to my bed “what am I going to pick, I guess I could try another sport then rugby? The next day I went to soccer the spots are goalie, left back, right back, mid back, midfield X2, left wing, right wing and striker. First up was goalie I got some good saves I was 3rd best golly, next was all back I was 4th best back, next was midfield I was 1st best in midfield next was flawed I got 5th place ,so I got midfield.
I trained every day accept Saturday and Sunday, I train on Sunday by myself so I would grab a mango from my own tree a juggle of cores with my feet and not braking of cores so I trained and trained again and again. I had my first game I did no go so well every time I got the ball the couch said Parrs why you just kick the ball in the goal right after he said “you need to pares just like this team show him, … if you do not if you will leave the team” “ok” I replied so I went to the wall and started training
The next time when I played I didn’t go so well I got pulled off the field that is bad, the couch said “next time you play you must pares always your out of the team”.
Today was the day when I play I did not pares at the first half, the couch look at me that meant bad so in the game every time I got the ball then someone pares the ball in front of the goal I went to the post the goalie went to the post the goalie came to towards me and I pares it went throe he’s legs and went to my team mate and he scored, then the reaf blew he’s whistle for full time we won by one point. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!