VR Power Of The Bow

VR Power of the Bow

I was so enthusiastic, I was about to go into battle, I saw the Plains of Death beckoning me to come out of my hiding place. I saw Rashura’s army of monstrous nightmare dragons powering over to the king’s troops, and among the flying dragons I could see the two vicious flightmares, that could permanently paralyze you, just by staring at you with its eyes. I found myself wondering if we had any chance of victory.

I was cramped in my miniature hiding place, and I heard the flapping of wings. I could taste my sweat of fear as I smelt the stench of blood. I felt the rock I was hiding behind scratch my arm as I rose to join the fight...

“Roar!!!!!!!!!!!” one of the vicious flightmares was waiting for me, I managed close my eyes just in time so I didn’t get paralyzed. I shot an arrow blindly, but I knew it wouldn’t have hit the dragon. I heard a cry of fury from the vicious flightmare as I waited for its killing strike…

But as I opened my eyes, I noticed something shocking. The dragons ‘cry of fury’ was actually a cry of pain. I saw my arrow buried deep in the beast’s heart. It was dead!

My heart was pumping at the speed of light, and my jet black hair stood on end. My brown eyes stared at the carcass, because I was so surprised. I just killed a vicious flightmare! I thought.

I knew the fight was far from over, but I was so excited, there were only two ferocious dragons left. But my heart stopped when I realized that all the king’s troops were dead, making me the last hope of victory. I knew that if I failed Rashura would take control off the world!

TWANG! WHOOSH! I shot an arrow at the other vicious flightmare, but of course it missed. Unfortunately the dragon had heard the arrow and was now flying strait towards me. I closed my eyes so I didn’t get paralyzed and blindly fought the dragon. Not again. I thought.

I realized I had one arrow left in my quiver and I decided that I’d use it later. I thought I hit the dragon with my sword, but I figured I must have been wrong, because there was no cry of pain from the beast.

Now I knew was the time to use my arrow…

TWANG! WHOOSH! THUD! My arrow hit the vicious flightmare directly in the head, killing it instantly. But as I made my shot I accidently opened my eyes and the beast’s gaze took effect. I was paralyzed!

Then I heard the sound of Rashura coming to finish me off. He arrived in seconds and lined up his finishing strike… SLASH! I had failed…

I was sad when I had to take off my VR headset. Oh, did I forget to mention that it was only Virtual Reality.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!