Rainy Days

The cold air chills my body as I stand by the bus stop. Forecasts for Washington DC have been off over the past week. I stand under the Shelter and watch as tiny droplets of water bounce off the ground. I observed as the beautiful sky became a dark grey. The power of the sun was destroyed by the clouds that ate away the crystal blue picture above.

My thoughts were taken out of my trance as a stranger stated beside me.

" She's beautiful, isn't Mother Nature just magnificent."

I peered to my left to see a tall women with beautiful blonde hair that swept past the sides of her perfect jawline. She painted a small smile onto her face as she could tell I was observing the sky. I stared into her eyes and saw they shone like emeralds, within no doubt, I had fallen in love with her.

Contemplating my thoughts soon left my mind as the bus finally arrived to collect us. Without hesitation, I let the lady board on before me as I shook all the cold water off my leather dress coat. I peered up again to see the lady arguing with the bus driver.

" I'm sorry, but I can't let you on without the right change."

The driver was about to send the Lady off the bus when I stepped in and offered to pay for her to board as well. The lady smiled brightly and said thankyou with her sweet voice that could make anyone adore her.

Soon I mustered up the courage to ask to sit next to her. I could tell she was almost looking like she was obligated to sit next to me.
Around twenty minutes had passed and the bus now had reached my workplace. I said my goodbyes to the lady and hopped off with a smile plastered to my face.

I watched as the bus left when all of a sudden I remembered that I haven't even gotten her name or even her number. I felt sick. I wanted to throw up. Thoughts corrupted my brain the whole day at work.

I felt guilt. I felt as though my heart has been replaced withy this sickening feeling. I didn't even really know the lady.
Finally the day had ended and I was leaving to go back home and rethink life.

The next day I waited at the same bus stop with less motivation for the day ahead. I looked up to see the sun smiled brightly as the clouds left her to shine peacefully. I only wished I could feel the same.
Soon I was taken out of my thoughts again by the same sweet voice....

" My name is Angelica by the way." From beside me....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!