Underestimated

They called out Kingston Abrahams, a boy with long dark coal like hair and pale skin stepped forward , “Yuko Melch” That’s my name?

“You two will fight, the winner will pass the first exam.”

WHAT?

The teachers took everybody to the upstairs viewing point in the massive arena.

As we moved to our places. I didn’t know what to do, this was very unexpected. For all I know he could start shooting fire out of his eyes. As I was gathering my thoughts, I looked over to my competitor HE SHOT A ROCKET OUT OF HIS ARM? I froze with fear, having no idea what to do, “I could die” “what if I can’t dodge his attacks” “THIS IS JUST THE FIRST EXAM!”. Then I started tasting the salty sweat forming on my face then the official screeched

“START.”

He started running towards me, I knew I had to move. I ran towards the back wall, I flung my body from left to right to avoid the rockets whistling in my direction. A brief moment of peace signalled to me that he had to reload...this was my chance, My feet kicked up the dirt as I ran toward him, his punched failed and I slid under him. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe, the sky and earth merged as I lost my bearings...as if I was in slow motion his leg smashed side and I was flung, Furiously into the dusty ground. I lay...looking at the sky...defenceless. He pointed a rocket at my head while I was helpless on the ground, I had tried so hard to get into this exam I can’t lose now, I pushed him to the ground, I started running to the back to think of a plan “AHHHH!!!!” I looked down to my leg and there I saw a sharp steel rod in my leg, it started pulling me back I had to pull it out as I reached down to pull out the rod I could feel the blood running down my leg I started pulling it out slowly “AHHHH!!!!!” I screamed in agony. But I… did.. it. What do I do, WHAT DO I DO?
“Why try you have no power, how can you beat me, you’re powerless.”
My blood began to boil, ...my adrenaline raised... I started sprinting towards him. I felt as if every step I took was cracking the ground behind me then I let everything out in one yell, all the times people had called me a freak, all the times people said I couldn't be a hero because I was born with no power, I let it all out in this single punch. I sent him flying across the ground with so much strength he hit the back concrete wall and smashed a hole into it. Shockwaves followed my incredible punch “how did I do…. That?” “How did a normal 15 year old boy do that?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!