Malcolm John Naden

Bang! He fell to the ground.
I heard sirens. Coppers were after me. There was nothing I could do, but run. I ran as fast as I could. I ran into the bush and climbed up a tree. I heard somebody coming. I tried to be as soundless as I can. I knew he was on to me. I was waiting for him to look up and find me, but luckily he walked away without noticing. I got down and ran again into the hills and I think I lost them.
The only thing I could worry about was finding water and shelter so I made a spear with a sharp rock and a long stick. I left on my search and after hours, I began to lose hope, but after a little bit longer, I heard something in the bush. I was hoping it wasn’t a cop. I slowly moved back and waited, but luckily it was a boar. I gathered my am and prayed to god I would get this wonderful resource of food but I got it. With happiness I carried it back to camp with me and made a fire with my techniques from Aboriginal culture and cooked it and made shelter out of willow tree branches and leaves and camped the night.
I woke to the sound of horses and and followed it and it brought me to a human riding a horse, I thought if he could tell me where I am and if he knows where any water is, so I approached him.
“Hello,” I said, “Do you know where I am and where I could get water from?” “Yes, you are at Barrington Tops and I could take you to water if you want to?” “Yes please.” “Well hop on.” “Where are we?” “In Gloucester Town, here’s your stop.” I am very thankful. The sign says, ‘Getaway Servo’. I walked in and grabbed a bottle of water, but I almost forgot that I don’t have any money. I sneaked out, but she noticed me and I think she called the cops. I hid in an alleyway behind a wheelie bin, but I heard hard breathing and a cop’s smelling dog found me. It was staring at me with its dark, gloomy eyes. I did not move a muscle and it slowly walked away. I waited and waited and I thought to myself, ‘Why run when I could fight for my family?’ I ran out with my pistol and ran behind rum barrels and knocked a few down with courage then I was shocked.
The mighty army fought, but I did not give up, I know the crime I did was wrong, but I will fight for my loved ones and make sure they are not harmed. I kept on fighting then I froze and stared at the scared families. This isn’t how I am, they can take my body, but not my soul.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!