Virus

‘All students please evacuate the school!’ The lady over the loudspeaker said. ‘This is not a drill! A virus is spreading from the hospital, please evacuate imediat-‘

“What’s going on?” Luke question. Luke had brown hair and brown eyes.
“I don’t know,” replied Jake. Jake had blonde hair and blue eyes.
“Sapphire, you're the smart one. What’s going on?” Sam asked Sapphire. Sam had light black hair and brown eyes. Sapphire had light brown hair and blue eyes.
“How am I supposed to know?” Sapphire replied.
‘AHHH!’ Someone screamed outside.
“Sapphire!” Ruby yelled as she ran into the classroom. Ruby has light brown hair and brown eyes. “Come quick!”
“What’s wrong?” Sapphire asked as she walked outside. Sapphire looked to the ground which was black, and slowly spreading away from the hospital.
“What the,” Sam said confused.
“What is this?” A girl said before she touched the black stuff. “AHHH!” The girl fell to the ground as black grew on her skin.
“Run!” Jake yelled as the group started running away from the black stuff.
“Come here. Quick.” Claire yelled out to the group. They then run over to the room.
“What’s going on?” Sam asked Claire.
“Your guess is as good as mine,” replied Claire. “Just look” Clair pointed outside to a black human like creature walking around.
“W-what i-is t-that?” Ruby stuttered.
“It’s an infected person.” Claire said.
“Someone who has touched the black stuff?” Jake asked.
“Most likely.” Sam said.
“The Infected.” Sapphire mumbled.
“What?” Luke asked.
“We’ll call them the Infected.” Sapphire said.
“Ok.” They all agreed.
‘AHH!’ Someone screamed. The group all look outside. It was a girl being attacked by the Infected. Then the Infected walked away, they thought the girl was dead until the girl turned black and started to walk around like the others.
“There must be at least a hundred of them.” Sam stated.
“Yeah,” Luke agreed quietly.
“What’s that!” Claire yelled.
“That is the virus!” Sapphire yelled as it grew closer to the students.
“Don’t touch it!” Sam said firmly.
“Why?” Claire asked.
“Because if you touch it you’ll turn into the infected.” Ruby mentioned.
“But it’s coming closer, what do we do?” Claire asked.
“Nothing, we can do nothing. It’s to late.” Sapphire said as she was prolonging the inevitable.
“But we’ll die.” Jake said.
“What else can we do?” Claire questioned.
“I don’t want to die.” Ruby said on the verge of crying.
“We won’t technically be dead.” Sam said trying to cheer Ruby up, but it only made it worst.
“I guess this is it,” Luke said.
“Will it hurt?” Ruby asked Sapphire.
“I don’t think so.” Sapphire replied though she was scared of the same thing.
As the black grew closer Sapphire backed up and saw her friends slowly become overtaken by the virus. Sapphire closed her eyes and prayed for it all to be a dream as she too was slowly taken over by the virus, it stung a little then Sapphire felt nothing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!