Fearful History

Atticus’s eyes were forcing its lids shut. There was nothing to stop them from closing. Then, “BOOM” went his eye lids as they were now officially down. This wasn’t his first time falling asleep in Mr Daniel’s long history lectures – Infact, Atticus had fallen asleep so much times that he had lost track of count!
Atticus was known as a very kind and helpful 7th grader. He would always help his peers and never give up. However, in Mr Daniel’s long history classes and facing exams, it became a life challenge for him.
It was getting to the end of the year and everyone at school all seemed sparked out.
The bell rang for home-time and Atticus woke up abruptly. Mr Daniel had one more announcement.
“Be ready for the exam tomorrow as I told you earlier,” he reminded everyone. Suddenly, Atticus freaked out to this reminder. “Oh,no” he thought, “anything but exams”. At this point, Atticus felt so stubborn and wished he hadn’t fell asleep in classes throughout the whole year. He then ran back home so fast to study that his legs were carrying themselves.
When he arrived home, he ignored everyone who wanted to talk with him and went straight to his room like a spy on a mission. Snatching his history books from his bags, he spread them on the table and started reading instantaneously.
Words were jumbled letters in his brain. Nothing was getting through and he had numerous questions because of all the pressure. Atticus literally didn’t know what to do! Suddenly, Atticus remembered something that his parents had told him in grade 5 when he was facing his first exam.
“Always stay calm and don’t think the exam is an angry wolf trying to scream in your face but a challenging adventure your going through. Always meditate to retain your strength” he said in his brain, trying to remember all of what had been said at that time.
Atticus started to close his eyes gently and thought of an adventure. He saw a beautiful land with animals jumping across everywhere and on the other side of the land was a huge trophy. To get to that trophy, he needs to pass a difficult obstacle. Instantly, Atticus reads the books and now some important information was gently flowing into his brain.
It is exam day and Atticus is lit up. He got his stuff from his room and ran down the hallway and out to the garden where his mum, Miss Lucinda, was planting new fruit and vegetables.
“Good luck for today’s exam son,” said Miss Lucinda giving his son a kiss on the cheek, “remember, don’t be scared.”
Atticus then waved goodbye and ran to school. When he looked at the time, ran to his classroom as fast as his legs would carry him as he was running a bit short on time.
Mr Daniel then have the instructions and everyone began. Atticus’s arms pumped with blood as he did the exam.
Everyone finished their exam in time and Atticus was very happy. Mr Daniel came with the results. The smart were happy and the not so smart were happy for doing the exam, however Atticus was the happiest he could be!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!