Confusion

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Emma Leevar was an unusual and unique girl. Did she know this? Well, how could she when no one else was there to tell her, as there was nobody who knew this. Except for two forces, both of them not good nor evil.
The piano notes rang out, not like an annoying and loud bell, but more like a nightingales chirp. The lady sat in a chair and watched the girl play. “It’s good, but remember to do the finger changes - it has a smoother texture,” the lady gave feedback to Emma. She slumped in disappointment. Her parents were always giving her compliments about piano, but Heidi never did. Emma suddenly wished that she hadn’t heard what the lady said next.
The bad news was: Emma probably was going to have to quit something for more piano practice, but the good news was: There wasn’t any. Emma stared out the window, thinking of what to quit. The only problem was that she didn’t know what to quit (everything she did she loved), but she was determined to do it.
Emma was drawn to something, like she was a puppet being pulled on strings. Her body wouldn’t work, as if it was just a cloak around her. She was walking through the streets unable to resist the force around her. It was not a dream, it was real and powerful. Unlike anything she had experienced before. And there was nothing like this she hadn’t experienced before-except magic. "Could it really be?" she wondered, but to her surprise, her question was answered. In front of her was writing on the wall. It said: ‘It is magic. You are magic’.
Emma remembered a very old saying she had heard when she was very young - never quit. It was right. You should not quit something you love, Emma realised. And she wouldn’t. Unless someone else was trying to get to her. And that someone else might just be the other force.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!