The Magic Pebble

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

For many centuries there had been a pebble but it wasn’t an ordinary one, it was MAGICAL. All you have to do is say the magic words and your wish will come true. The magic words were “Mini Wini” which could change your life, bring happiness and pleasure and make you the happiest person in the whole world.
One day a little boy accidently dropped the pebble in the deep pond. It stayed in the pond for many years. Then one fine day a girl came fishing in the exact same pond and instead of picking up a fish she luckily picked up that magical pebble. The pebble said to the girl I am a magic stone you must not tell anyone about me, promise! That little cheeky girl put the pebble in her pocket and went home with a smile on her face.

The very next day she was packing her lunch and getting ready for school. It was her assessment at school so she was quite nervous. She had a plan going on in her mind but she was not sure if it would work or not. At the same time she was excited about the pebble she had found the other day.
She reached school on time and showed it to some of her best friends. They asked what it was? She said that it was a secret. When she started her assessment she quietly said the magic words “Tini Mini” and her wish was getting “A +”. Then the magic pebble started to wobble and it made her grow big! That was because she said the wrong word. Everyone was surprised to see THE GIRL growing up taller and taller. The teacher immediately asked her to go outside so she wouldn’t get stuck in the classroom. When she got out her teacher asked how she turned bigger and taller? The girl did not tell the truth because she didn’t want them to know about the secret. She closed her eyes and concentrated and said the magic words again, this time she got it right.

This time she wished to get back to her normal size. Then she started to shrink to her normal size. The teacher asked again how that happened? She told the whole story to her teacher but asked her not to share with anyone else. And even though she didn’t use the magic stone she got “A+” in her assessment. She decided to return the magic pebble to the pond.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!