Lightning

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Zoooooooom! Lightning raced passed with his team behind him running towards the battlefield. They were trying to fight excessively hard and Surge blew them away! Luckily, Lightning managed to resist it and locked Surge up. He was fine. But no one could say the same about the others. They were defeated.
50 years later in 2017, there are plenty of people with powers. One day, all different people with powers came for a test of strength and power. There were people with all different power like ice power, invisibility, flying, strength and seeing the future. Only four people could get through. Those people were Olivia Tyra, a four year old girl with super strength, Grace Pro, a twelve year old girl with mind powers, Richard Ford, a nine year old boy with ice powers and Troy Gilliard, a fourteen year old boy with invisibility. But the Federal Government knew Surge was going to escape in five days.
Loren, a Scientist from the Federal Government, approached Lightning’s house. She was going to take Lightning with her back to the Federal Government to teach Olivia, Grace, Richard and Troy to become heroes!
“Who are you?” asked Lightning.
“I’m Loren and I am here to take you back to the beginning where the battle began, but with others to help you. Come back with me.”
“No! Why would I do that?”
“To defeat your brother Surge, once and for all.”
“Still no.”
“Fine.” She pulled out one of her gadgets and it made Lightning rethink his decision and he went with Loren.
Finally, Lightning agreed to teach the children.
“Okay, class. Prepare for the toughest time of your lives. Your assignment is to go through the painter.”
They made it through safely.
“Can you break a piece of wood?”
Yes, they can! Surge is coming! Pow! Lightning swirled around and around Surge. He was as fast as a cheetah. In came the children! Olivia lifted up Surge, Troy did an epic punch, Grace used her mind to throw rocks at Surge and Richard froze Surge so Lightning could capture him permanently.
Now, in 2018 Olivia, Richard, Grace and Troy were on alert and were the best of heroes! Their hero identities were Mini Princess, Wanda, Frezo and Inviso Boy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!