Samantha’s Journey

Rrrr, 15 years ago, a girl named Samantha dreaded that sound, as she was forced to flee from her hometown Sydney Australia to America because there was a huge hurricane coming in. Anyone that stayed wasn’t safe. So her whole family fled, unfortunately, Samantha never saw her beloved mother again.
15 years since the hurricane…
“Dad where are you, we need to talk!” Samantha yelled. “What’s wrong Samantha?” Dad wondered what on earth she wanted and it sounded pretty serious. “Well it’s about Sydney!” Samantha cried. “Wow, we agreed to never talk about that.” “I know, but...” Samantha paused, here it goes “I, I, I want to go back to Sydney to see where I grew up, please please.” “Fine,” Dad replied. “Yes!” I go and book a flight. I was ecstatic, I have a big journey ahead of me!!
I get to Sydney after a very long and uncomfortable flight and I am ready to explore Sydney! As I’m walking, I see a humongous hill, I run up it, this is it, I made it! A touch of home hits me, the cold breeze blowing through my ears, water crashing against the rocks and the water trickling down the river stream. The tall yet sweet trees swaying to the wind and lastly my favourite bit of all, the sun beaming on the beautiful colourful flowers growing in between the trees. This is what home feels like.
I look to my left and see a small cramped town, so me being me, I go and check it out. I run down the hill and into the town. As I’m walking through, I see lots of little stalls, a market must be going on? I go and look at a stall that had shells and other collectibles. I go and ask how much they were. “Hey you’re Laura’s daughter Samantha?” the man groaned. “Yes, you know my mum?” I wondered. “Of course I do, I saw her down at the river the other day!” “My mum is still alive, I have to go and find her. Bye, nice to meet you!!”
I have been looking for her for days now and still haven't found my mother. I have sweat dripping down my face and no water, what am I going to do? Wow, I bump into a sweet little old lady, we start talking and she said something about her daughter that has a daughter, but her daughter had to flee from here because of a hurricane, it all kind of linked. “You’re my grandma!” I yelled excitedly and as grandmas do, she hugged and kiss me. I asked her where my mum was, but she had no idea. My mission has failed.
“Hi mum, I just have to drop some things off,” Laura said. “Laura I have something for you,” my grandma replied. I came out from behind grandma's back. “Hi mum,” I said. She ran up crying, “This is the best day of my life!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!