The Friendly Alien

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

A long time ago, before the dinosaurs, on a planet named Mars was a friendly little alien named Milky. His name was Milky because he used to live on Milkyworld before it was long lost in the universe. Milkyworld was lost because the world was extinct after a big push from another planet, so the inhabitants chose to live on Mars.

His friends also went to Mars. They always played together on Mars. They also had a few encounters with some aliens from Jupiter called Jupons that had a visit to Mars. Luckily the Jupons were friendly, so sometimes the Jupons and the aliens would play together. Milky’s favourite games were soccer and football. They used space rocks to play. His favourite colour was red because Mars was red. His favourite food was the space worms which lived in holes under the surface of the planet and they will never run out. Milky had one of the best lives. Even though aliens from Milkyworld did lose their planet, they still had fun playing with new friends and occasionally visiting other planets. The Jupons taught Milky and his friends how to speak Juponian and they all became one big family, having lots of fun and playing together.

Until one day there was a spaceship with a big mean alien named Zorax. He was the emperor of the Jupons. Milky thought he wasn’t even a Jupon but he was one. He was a lot, lot meaner then the other Jupons. In fact, he was so mean he forced the other Jupons to go back to their own planet. He was very mean, wasn’t he? The Jupons didn’t want to leave! They had fun with everyone else!

Milky and the others organised a plan to find a space hole big enough to fit through. They found a hole just the right size, but it might be a little bit of a tight squeeze. They went in the hole and - oh no! They’re stuck! They were still stuck there when Zorax left, so they had to stay there for a while until they could figure out a plan… six minutes later in Jupiter time, they were still in the hole but at least Milky and the others had figured out a plan. They had to cut it bigger so they could fit through.Milky’s plan also helped the space worms a lot, as more space worms could now live in one hole. When they got out they escaped back to Mars and Milky played some soccer and football. Phew, that was a long day said Milky and now and then they’d have more of those fantastic adventures.

THE END .

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!