Waterfall

Whenever mum is in a good mood, she does something curious but when she is in an okay mood, it's all normal. Today mum walked with something rectangular in her hand . . . Oh! I forgot to mention my name. Hi! My name is Bryce Wikwiki, and I have my two friends here with me-Charlie Helliak and Sophie Ilias. Wait what!? Sorry, I just had a huge surprise. You know the card l saw earlier, well, I just saw that on it, it had the letters HAP. How strange! While l was wondering what HAP could be and at the same time, trying to figure out what it meant, when mum started begging for us to follow her!? Normally Charlie and Sophie would want to stay inside and play video games with me but this time they didn't mind a bit.

We are about to head off when I realised Sophie, Charlie and mum are all holding presents wrapped in the finest wrapping paper l've ever seen! Mum took us to the Jungle of Misery and then we all crossed a bridge that goes over the River of Lava. Suddenly I heard a big rushing noise like water cascading down wide pipes. I saw gargantuan amounts of water go frolicking down a big lot of stones and into a huge pond.

Then l realised that what I was looking at was the waterfall itself! Mum and my two friends shouted "SURPRISE". I was discombobulated at first. Then I remembered that it was my birthday. On the leg-aching walk home, I started thinking about why I forgot my birthday date but the good thing was that we persuaded mum to let Charlie and Sophie have a sleepover with me. We all fell asleep as soon as our heads touched the pillow dreaming of the great day we had had.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!