Kidnapped

Kidnapped
“Mum I’ve found you. Are you okay? What exactly happened to you?”
I guess you are wondering what is happening and why I am pleased to have found my mum. Well it is a long story so I will tell you what happened right from the start. Well first there was Adam and Eve... ohh sorry is that too far back. How about I start from the day this whole mystery began.

“How was your sleep Lucy.”
“It was dreadful. Did you know that Mary Lu from next door is still practising that horrible sounding trumpet. And the wind....”
“Okay, darling. Calm down. I had a lovely sleep.”
My mum was quite the opposite to what I was feeling. She was invited to a party at her work opponent’s house. I had to stay home. By the time she left the house was quiet until the phone rang.

We never had phone calls. It is only us two in the family and we have no close friends. I wondered who it was but I picked up the phone. I heard a very low mysterious voice in my ear saying.
“Your mother has been kidnaped.” I didn’t know what was going on so I decided to put the phone down but before I could the voice spoke.
“I rang you not so you could have an idea of what to do to help your mother but to get you alarmed for what will happen next. Of course I’m not going to tell you. That is for you to find out.”

I was sooo shocked. But I knew what to do. I had to find my mum. She is the only family member I have. I decided to look through the people that my mum knew. There wasn’t many of course. The voice was very low and it was a mans voice. It sounded like he was in a warehouse. The only people I found that were similar to what I already know about the person were my mum’s boss, my mums friend Dave and Mr Libby from next door.

I decided to talk to the people at the party my mum was going to because Dave was the one running the party. By the time I asked half the people there I knew my answer. It was definitely not Dave. This was because everyone I talked to were with Dave the whole time. And it wasn’t my mum’s boss, he was at work in a meeting. So I had my answer. I knew that Mr Libby’s warehouse is not far from hear. So I decided to walk.

When I got there I heard a scream.
“Mum” I screamed.
“Lucy, over here.”
I ran to her, tears running down my red cheeks.
“Are you okay.”
“I am fine.”
After a long talk with my mother ( Mr Libby wasn’t there at that stage) I realised that she wasn’t kidnaped. It was just a joke. I guess I forgot it was April Fools.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!