The Twins And The Dark House

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Long, long ago, there was a family of twins and they were very smart, and they always worked together at school. But they had one problem, they never knew that they were bad at saying words and they were nervous about a poem they were going to read. So they practiced the poem, and as they practiced it, they got better and better. So they read and read and they got better and better and they knew the poem off by heart. And then they decided to read another poem, and as they read that they were the greatest in the whole class. They read the poem to everyone, but they made a mistake. They tried again, and they got a prize.
The twins decided to write cards to everyone to invite them to their birthday, it was at the forest. One of the twins saw a dark house and they decided to go in it. There were lots of dark places with treasure chests with gold in them. The other twin saw ghosts and dark gloomy rooms. In one of the dark gloomy rooms there was a big dog sleeping in it. The dog smelled the twin, but the twin didn’t know. The big dog woke up and the twin decided to run out of the forest and go back home.
Because the first twin didn’t see him run out of the forest, he went looking for him in the forest. He saw a figure, but it was just an old tree, so he went back home and he saw his brother under his bed looking scared. “The dog scared me,” said the twin that went in the dark gloomy house, “I got scared of ghosts and I also got scared of the dog who smelled me and I didn’t want the ghosts to follow me so I hid under my bed to keep cover from the ghosts.” “Did the ghosts chase after you, because they didn’t want you to steal the gold?” said twin number one. “I think so,” said twin number two, “Because there was a dark figure and that’s why I ran away before I touched it.”
They went to bed to get some sleep and the next morning they decided to have a morning walk to the dark house. They saw the dog outside of the house, it was awake, but it didn’t chase them. So they decided to go where the gold was, and see if the figure was still there. The figure wasn’t there, it was somewhere else. Then they saw the ghosts, but the ghosts didn’t chase them. Then they knew that they weren’t active in the morning, they were only active at night because that’s when they looked more scary and frightening. But the twins didn’t get the gold because they didn’t want the ghosts to be active, so people could see them. The twins were feeling very hungry for breakfast, so they chose to leave the gold for seven years.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!