Know It All Joe!

Through a forest and across the sea there was a tiny undiscovered island. On this island lived strange and colourful creatures.
On a hill overlooking the island village was a small cottage that belonged to Joe. Joe was a pale pink weasel and had a blue nose. One-day Joe decided to travel away from his home and into the woods. He told the whole village about his plan and soon afterwards ventured off.
Crunch! As Joe took a few steps into the dark dead forest, he could hear the dead leaves beneath his feet. He looked in-between the branches of the bald trees and saw a small hut. Joe thought he could stay there for shelter. As he opened the door, he saw a magical fairy. The fairy invited him to stay with her and the rest of the fairies.
Joe was very happy being there and felt as if he belonged. The fairies treated him as the way they treat each other. One-night Joe felt strange and different. He hated the fact that he couldn't become what he wanted to be, he also felt different and judged. Most weasels want to become a leader for their group but Joe didn't. That night before bed, Joe went to the wishing well and wished to become a fairy. The following morning, Joe felt happy and happily went to a mirror and saw himself as a little weasel with wings flying. Joe panicked and woke up his fairy friends. The fairies comforted him, which helped Joe a lot.
Away from the forest, the villagers were worried about how long Joe was away but knew that Joe knew it all and memorised everything he read and slowly the villagers sorrow vanished.
The fairies helped Joe find out the magic behind the spell and found out it was a four leaf clover spell. The gods heard his wish and fed him the spell that lasts for four years. Joe was relieved that it wasn't permanent even though he enjoyed having wings. He and the fairies had as much fairy fun before the spell ended and time flew by when they were having fun.
Four years later...
Tonight Joe was going to be a weasel without wings. He packed his things preparing to go home. Ding, ding went the fairies as they each made toasts towards Joe. Whoop. Joe turned to his original form, the fairies smiled and waved goodbye.
Joe shut the door behind him and walked back to the village. As his friends saw him, they yelled in joy and hugged him.
That night, Joe told his stories and adventures. The moon shined down on the villagers listening to Joe. When the village slept, the fairies whispered goodnight and shared their good dreams.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!