Feel Bad Friday


“Ding, Dong! “I’m late! I’m late!“, I screamed. Before I could say another word, my Mum thundered into the living room. I felt my heart racing as Mum gave me a death stare. “Dankly Damsons! Playing games on the iPad from 1.00 am to 9.00 am! Now you are late for school! You are banned from using the iPad ever again! If you touch the iPad one more time, it’s off to boarding school with you!” Before she flew into more rage, I cannonballed myself into the bath, brushed my teeth, got dressed, packed my backpack and bolted off to school.

“Detention!!!” I heard in my head. As I arrived in my class, the first voice I heard was (you guessed it!) my teacher’s. “Detention!”
Arrrrgh! I pulled my hair so hard that it nearly ripped off! I landed myself in Mrs Mega London’s class. Mrs Mega London (officially the worst teacher in the world) was the teacher in charge of detention. She was a fat teacher with greasy blonde hair. Her teeth were filled with humongous cavities. “Look what we have here!“ she exclaimed in a shrill tone. Her breath was as stinky as rotten eggs. I handed her a fake award. It read: Congratulations! You are the worst teacher in the world. “Well you’re no better!” she said in disgust. ”Idiot.” I heard her muttering under her breath. Time was crawling as slow as a snail as I listened to the scribbling sound of pencils. “What is this rubbish they give for detention?” I heard another student say under his breath. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable. Blubbering buffoons!! My mum was standing in front of me staring like an eagle. She turned to Mrs Mega London. “Hello Mrs. London! How are you? Oh, and most importantly, ARE YOU BEING AS TOUGH AS YOU CAN BE?” “Indeed!” Mrs London smirked at me, like the evil clown in my favourite comic book Super Duper Penguin!
“Lets go home, Dankly. Dad and I have a surprise punishment that’s going to last for ten whole years!!

TEN YEARS?? I jumped out of my seat when…...I heard a great ripping sound. Oh noooooo! This cannot be happening to me. My pants had ripped and EVERYONE could see my underwear peeking out with a picture of Super Duper Penguin on them! The other kids in detention howled with laughter. I slowly started to walk towards the door and tried to walk out as if nothing had ever happened, when just then a bucket of slime toppled on top of my head. It was a trap meant for Mrs. London. I slipped on the slime and slid down the stairs and landed very hard on my bottom. Strangely, I found my mum at the bottom of the stairs. “Are you all right darling?” Did you have a bad dream?” she asked sweetly. I looked around confused and saw I was still in my room! Dream? This was all just a dream!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!