You Feel Like Home To Me

My mother once told me that the kindest thing that anyone could ever say to you is, “You feel like home to me.” I have come to understand why she believed in its meaning so entirely.

Home is where you feel most comfortable, where you are the most genuine. It is where you long to be, when things go away as they always do. It’s always there, you never wonder if it won’t be, it just always is.

Home is where you unravel your burdens, it holds them, so you can walk out the door the next day without the weight of your problems and worries bringing you to your knees.

Home stays with you as you grow, accepts you as you undoubtedly change. It is a place you are always tied to, no matter how far you drift away from it.

Home is where the heart is.

I realised that every description didn’t remind me of a house, my mind lead me to you. You’ve always felt like home to me and that’s where my heart will be until it beats for the very last time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!