Olympic Dreams


Olympic Dreams

“Ahh, Mum how amazing would it be if you saw me on the TV at the olympics competing for our amazing country, Australia.” Said Mackenzie
“Darling, I know you really want to go to the olympics now, but your only ten and just imagine what you would be like in six years time. You would be amazing!” said Mackenzie’s mum Lauren
“ Yes chook you would be sooo amazing when your sixteen, you’d be as fast as a lighting bolt.” said Mackenzie’s dad Jeff


“Mac are you going to training in the morning?” Said Jeff
“Arrr, yes I’m going training tomorrow.” said Mackenzie

Friday morning, 4:30am.
“Mac wakeup!” said dad as he tickled my ears.
“Ok, give me a sec.” I said as I yawned

As I got up I went to my walk wardrobe and got out my cozzies.
I picked out my all time favourite cozzies there a one piece and they have a ocean pattern. Ohh there sooo pretty!

As dad and I got in the car I said “ Turn the air on extra hot because the car was freezing cold. BRHH

On the way to training dad stop at Mcdonalds so he could get a coffee because he says it wakes him up.

When we got to Newcastle Uni dad found a car park straight away which was really good because then I would be very very early for training but getting to training early is good for me because then I can do my shoulder stretches and leg stretches.

My coach Chris aka Griff turned up about 10 minutes after me.
Chris and me went down to the pool deck started talking about swimming, my achievements and my dream of coming and Olympian.


My coach is nice he never makes you feel like a bad person and he always says to me that he thinks I’m going to be an Olympian one day.

When everyone else arrived we all went up to the courts did some run and did a few challenges. One of the challenges was who could to the most pull ups on the wall bars and I came in with second place with 58 wall pull up but Chris won with 59 wall pull ups.

Once we left the courts we went onto the field and did some track running and some races. We weren’t swimming yet because it was Friday and on Fridays we do dry-land training for 45-50 minutes.

Once dry-land was done we went back to the pool deck and put out cap and goggles on and jumped in the pool. Todays set was easy because we had already done training already. Todays set was 300m free then back after that was 4x50m sprints and we did that twice then we did kick and chat which is when we chat and talk to our friends while kicking on a kickboard

After training was finished Chris took us upstairs and we did some stretching for about 15-20 minutes..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!