Bentley

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

There I was, sitting at the vet waiting for my best friend. My heart was pounding in fear, my hands soaking in sweat. I remembered when I first met my best friend. Oh what that morning was, meeting my new dog Bentley! He was a brown and white British Bulldog with a big brown dot on his back. He is a big eater, a fighter and was hard to look after.

One night Mum and Dad left me with Bentley by myself and this is what happened. So far, we were not getting along as all he wanted to do was bite me and his teeth were like sharp needles. From that moment, I knew he could not hold on when he needed to go to the toilet. As soon as I wanted to go to the bathroom, he suddenly jumped on the couch and started chewing all the TV remotes. Oh gosh, that was horrible. Then for the next hour he turned into destruction mode ripping pillows open, going into wardrobes, digging holes in the garden and chewing my homework.

Before I knew it Mum would be home and I knew how much she hated mess. I had better get this cleaned up. Having this puppy had not worked out for me. I already have been having a bad day as my best friend Charlie was picking on me and now this. I was angry and frustrated and was getting overwhelmed. The tears started rolling down my cheeks.

As the last tear rolled down my cheek, Bentley walked up to me and sat in front of me. “I’m sorry,” whispered Bentley “Wait? What? Who said that.” “Down here!” shouted Bentley. Just then I realised Bentley spoke. I was stunned…

“I can help you clean up?” asked Bentley. “Yes please!” I answered so we both walked to the laundry. “Can I have the spray?” “Can I have the wipe?” “I’m done!” I yelled happily sadly that was only the pee. “I’ll do the pillow fluff,” shouted Bentley. “ I’ll clean the holes in the garden” I shouted. “I’m done!” shouted Bentley. “Yay I’m finished.” I screamed. “I’ll do my homework,” I finished speaking. In the end we both yelled “Done” at the same time, ran up to each other and had a big hug.

My pounding heart woke me from my daydream as I started thinking what the vet would say, good or bad. My tears dropped to the ground. Years with Bentley were special. He could talk and was close to my heart. Then I saw the vet walking towards me and he had a sad look on his face…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!