The Royal Ceremony

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a bright sunny day, Melody the unicorn queen of Golden Cloud City was talking to her daughter, Sparkle about her princess crown ceremony.
Princess Sparkles was so excited that she asked Queen Melody if she could see her crown now.
"No" said Melody, "you only need to wait till tomorrow afternoon".
Sparkles was very disappointed that she went into Pink Diamond Castle where her and her family lived. Then she stomped into her sparkly pink bedroom. She walked around in circles until it was time for dinner.
For dinner they had a big roasted turkey, peas and white rice with butter soaked into it.
"Yum" said Sparkles as she shoved another big mouthful of rice into her mouth.
When she was done eating, she went to her personal pearl bathroom to take her royal bubble bath.
She hopped into the warm bubbly water and thought about her ceremony. After almost 2 hours Queen Melody came in and told her to get out immediately because she had to get a good night sleep for tomorrow.
Sparkles got out, grabbed her golden silk towel and dried herself off. Then she went into her room and turned off the lights.
When Queen Melody came in she smiled to herself because Sparkles was sound asleep in her cozy bed.
The next morning the sound of Sparkles pink alarm clock woke her up with excitement.
"Hooray!" shouted Sparkles as she started making her bed and brushing her tail and mane. Then she put on some sparkly gold eyeshadow and a sparkly bow on her tail.
When she was finally done tying on her bow, she looked in the mirror.
"Wow" whispered Sparkles to herself.
But then she paused, "Something isn't quite right" she thought. Then she realized what it was, it was her sparkly golden horn smudged with mud from playing in the rain the day before.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to wipe that off" said Sparkles as she grabbed a wet face cloth and started cleaning off the mud.
When she was done she smiled about the thought of having a pretty crown.
Suddenly Queen Melody burst into Sparkles room and cried "Hurry, hurry, the ceremony is about to start and the crowd is already waiting!"
They both galloped through the castle and onto the big stage where Sparkles father was talking into the microphone saying "And here is the one and only…Sparkles!"
The crowd applauded and cheered as Sparkles walked up onto stage.
When the crowd was quiet Queen Melody came out holding a delicate gold crown with pink and aqua diamonds studded all over it.
Then Sparkles father started to speak again "Sparkles full name is now officially … Princess Sparkles!"
Queen Melody placed the golden crown on Princess Sparkles head and smiled.
The crowd cheered again and Princess Sparkles smiled too.
She knew that this was a moment she would never forget.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!