Waves

Waves
At first all I hear is the boat crashing in to waves, I got up out of bed and go to the deck. As soon as I saw the sight before me, I knew what to do. I ran as fast as I could and jumped off the boat but as soon as I jumped it was too late I had been grabbed by the collar and pulled on to the boat by my crew mate, my old crew mate actually, his name was James. He was holding a gun when I saw him standing over the rest of the dead crew. I didn’t know what to do, so I kicked him and jumped off the boat. He must’ve started shooting at the water because when I got on to dry land I had cuts, scars and bruises all over my body.
Doing everything on the boat has given me the lack of being unbelievably tired so I took some palm tree leaves and used them as a pillow and blanket. When I woke I saw something staring right at me it looked a bit like an ocelot from the books I used to read. I got up to say hi but I must’ve scared it a bit because it started to slowly walk away I got up wondering what I should eat for breakfast, just at that moment I saw a bush of berries they were blue all I was wondering at that moment was if they were poisonous. They couldn’t be because if they were they would all still be there but it looked like a few had been taken and eaten, so I decided to take a handful I almost instantly put them in my mouth at that moment I realised that the thing that ate them could have been immune to the poison and then I started to feel nauseous and dizzy. I fell to the ground and my eyes closed.
When I awoke I found myself lying in the exact same spot where I fell unconscious in I wondered how long I was out for 1 or maybe 2 days, I was just happy that I hadn’t been found by James because by now I would either be dead or floating in the middle of the ocean and if that happened something probably would have been eating small niblets or big chunks of my flesh. I can just imagine myself in the ocean guts and organs dangling out of my body. I gag and shiver thinking of the picture myself, then I wonder if James thinks if I’m alive or dead whatever he thinks I just hope he never finds me on the deserted island. Actually I should start looking around the island to see if this island really is deserted. But then I hear something a cannon fire someone’s near and I have a feeling its James and then out of nowhere I hear a bang. Last thing I remember before I woke was seeing a person.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!