Faded

I opened my fist and gazed into my hand I stared at the picture of my house. Flashbacks got me of the memories and cheerful times I had at that house. I was alone in a dark underground hideout place, I don’t really know how to explain it but It looked like an old grey abandoned car park. My mouth was covered with a black cloth, I was wearing a black jumper, tracksuits, a beanie and boots. I sighed wishing that everything was back to the way it was, but it wasn’t.


So, I ran.


And Ran.


And Ran.


Until I couldn’t take one more step. My legs couldn’t walk any further. My head ached. My heart raced. I collapsed.


I wanted to rip the cloth off my mouth but I knew I shouldn’t. I tried to take deep breaths but all I could do was pant, like a dog I lay there panting. I was in an abandoned city lying next to an old building. The grass was dead, there were no trees. But I stood up and stared at the photo again and I ran.


I ran past the buildings.


I ran out of the old city.


I ran through a field.


I ran along a road.


Day and night, I ran.


I ran, Past a beach.


I ran. And ran.


And ran. Then I stopped.


I raised the photo in front of my face. I had a good look. Then I dropped it onto the dead grass. In front of me I saw it. The rubble. The broken windows. My house, gone.


The virus, the disease, the war, everyone is gone.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!